Images

Sidestep

i used to remember when i played rugby during my school age. My Coach which is also Head of Disciplinary Teacher in School, with his mustache and no-smile-face all the time used to treat me hard during rugby training. I remember one practice in particular.

"You're doing it all wrong. Go back! Do it again!"

I tried to do what he wanted. It wasn't enough. He said again;

"You owe me. Lembik! You're doing push ups after practice. You seem the worst to represent the school"

When i finally dismissed, one of my senior came over to reassure me.
"Coach seem a little bit harsh on you, didn't he?" he said.

and I stare down to earth and said "yes."

"That's a good thing," the senior told me. "When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore, that means they've given up on you."


from zero to hero. when i first played rugby, I was this weak boy with no skills, no strength, no pace, know nothing about rugby. but now i'm still playing this so called gentlemen games. and i'm proud of it.


p/s: instead of labeling someone as 'membebel', 'jaga tepi kain', or try to change you. take that as a positive manner/way to reform the better you

because they love and care for you

Hafeez Darraji



0 comments: